cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity FailOver Add-On After the Fact?

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

When you install a unity server, there is an option for "Is this a primary or failover server" and ususally this isn't checked.

What does this checkbox do?

I have a customer who has a unity and wants to now add a fail-over unity server, and i'm looking for the required procedure.

Can someone assist with info? Do we just run the failover Wizard on both boxes? What does that checkbox do and what impact does it have?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

At that point we are trying to determine if we need to install MSDE or SQL. If you are doing failover it must be SQL. That is why we ask about the number of ports you will have as well, 32 and up = SQL.

That's really all is does. If you want to add failover after the fact just make sure you have SQL installed on the servers and that you don't have Exchange or AD on box.

Thanks,

Keith

I'll check that with my customer! Thanks.

I suppose if it's MSDE then it's a re-install.

Actually no. Please look at this doc:

Upgrading from MSDE 2000 to SQL Server 2000

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a8c.html#wp1038642

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: