cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity failover replication

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Failover wizard is runnig smoothly and we don't see any red cross on the replication monitor from the primary server sql enterprise management. However the new subscriber just doesn't replcate to failover server. The account for sql is unitysql which we assigned all necessary privillege following the doc. We used the unityinstall to run the wizard. Has anybody have this issue before? Btw, it's unity 4.04 with 2003 exchange and 2000 OS.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to get your 4.04 patched. This version has some issues with Failover. I had a 4.04 install a couple months ago and it looked like it was working, but was not also. TAC has some engineering patches to get it running. Or I would highly recommend just upgrading to 4.05 sp1 or even better. 4.2 4.2 is running very well and much more stable.

You will probably have to rip out failover all together, make sure you are at the console and not TS, and try again after you get all the patches installed from TAC.

I believe it is ES35 ES58 and ES95 you will need it you stay on 4.04

good luck, its a pain! But works great after you are done.

And if plan to upgrade to 4.2 with Failover running, uninstall Failover first, then upgrade.. mine failed and I have to reload my secondary server now because the SQL is all messed up on it. Luckly I pulled a drive so I can revert and try again and my primary upgrade went smoothly.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot. What's the procedure to uninstall failover if I have to?

Thanks very much. Just FYI. I came across this link and I will try this first. It asks to use the sql service account to run the failover wizard. Hopefully it can fix it without upgrading the server.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K22158803