cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Failover Wizard questions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am running Unity 4.0.3 sr1, I would like to find out if it is possible to run the Unity Failover Wizard on the secondary Unity server at a later time once you ran it on the primary server.

any help is appreciated !!!

Thanks !!!

Danny

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

no.

when running the failover wizard that you complete the failover configuration on both systems. do not complete only the primary.

cisco may not support configuring only the primary for failover and not the backup.

I am thinking running the Failover Wizard on the secondary server at a later time like a week later after Failover is configured on the primary. Can I do that ?

Thanks !!!

Danny

i'm sure i read that cisco recommends configuring failover on both system during the same timeFrame.

I have a tac case open on this same question and tac said I can run the Failover Wizard on the secondary server at a later time. I am confused.

anybody else has any recommendation on this ?

thanks !!

Danny

I would think that you could run the wizard on the primary and then do the secondary at anytime.

I noticed when I ran the wizard on our system, the primary server works just fine with our without the secondary online.

I am trying to think of why you would want to do it with such a large timespan in between, Doing the wizard will stop some services, so you need to do it outside of business hours, so maybe you have a scheduled maintenance to do the primary and then will do the secondary at a later time.

But if it was me, I would do the primary and then do the secondary right afterwards and then test the heck out of it.

I guess its like swimming with an crocodile...sure you can do it, but you may still get bit in the ...