cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity in Vmware EXS VM Only

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.0.3 server that needs to be migrated to version 7.X in a VMWare ESX server infrastructure. I will follow the same procedures to upgrade the server from a physical perspective,(like if I was doing another physical box, COBRAS). However the Unity design Guide for Virtualization mentions an Exchange 2003 Voice Mail Run-Time Edition Template. I'm planning to pretty much set it up as a VM only with AD and Exchange 2003 in the same Virtual Machine (exact copy of the current one but with more HDD space and new version using Template 2 from Guide). Can anyone provide some info about whats the Exchange 2003 Voice Mail Run-Time Edition Template? I'm assuming is Exchange in a separate Virtual Machine, so I dont have to run Unity and Exchange together, (VM Only) but I would like to confirm.

I'm using the below Virtualization guide Plus the Unity Install Guide

Thanks

Armando

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/virtualization_design/guide/cuvirtualdg010.html#wp43791

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

We do not support running Exchange and Unity in the same VM. You'll have to run AD + Exchange 2003 in one VM, and Unity 7.0 in another VM.

Thank you,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: