cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity in Vmware EXS VM Only

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.0.3 server that needs to be migrated to version 7.X in a VMWare ESX server infrastructure. I will follow the same procedures to upgrade the server from a physical perspective,(like if I was doing another physical box, COBRAS). However the Unity design Guide for Virtualization mentions an Exchange 2003 Voice Mail Run-Time Edition Template. I'm planning to pretty much set it up as a VM only with AD and Exchange 2003 in the same Virtual Machine (exact copy of the current one but with more HDD space and new version using Template 2 from Guide). Can anyone provide some info about whats the Exchange 2003 Voice Mail Run-Time Edition Template? I'm assuming is Exchange in a separate Virtual Machine, so I dont have to run Unity and Exchange together, (VM Only) but I would like to confirm.

I'm using the below Virtualization guide Plus the Unity Install Guide

Thanks

Armando

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/virtualization_design/guide/cuvirtualdg010.html#wp43791

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

We do not support running Exchange and Unity in the same VM. You'll have to run AD + Exchange 2003 in one VM, and Unity 7.0 in another VM.

Thank you,

Keith