Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Installation

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am installing Unity 4.2.1 and i am having serious issues with the permissions wizard. When I go to choose a mailstore, i get a message teling me it could not find any windows 2000 mailstore. I am fllowing the Unity install PDf and have installed Exchange 2000. When i look under the System Managemnet in Exchange, I do not see the server option. Has anybody come accross this before and if so, have you got a workaround?

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Is Exchange installed on the same server as Unity or on a remote server ?? Where are you running System Management tool from. From my past Experience, most common cause of this issue would be an installation error with Exchange.

it is on the same server

Couple of things you can check here to confirm Exchange was installed correct.

- Do you see an M Driver on the server ?

- When you go to Active Directory Users and Computers, for a User, right click and select Exchange Tasks. Does this give you an option to Add/Delete a Mailbox for the user ??

And also ensure that Unity Install accounts have the right permissions before running Permission Wizard.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/inst/inst405/5ue2k3nf/ig_019.htm#wp1551275

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

during your exchange install, did you select microsoft exchange messaging and collabration? I think this is your problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: