cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity License database - where?

joseph.limjr
Level 1
Level 1

We currently run Unity 4.0(5) and would like to create an in-house script that would inform us via email how many unity licenses we have and the how many of those licenses are being utilized.

I already looked at UnityDb database but couldn't find any license information there (All I am seeking is the number of licenses.)

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can get this information by going to your Unity server. Start - Programs - Unity - Licensing. A console will open that displays your licensed versus utilized count.

Ginger

I think they want to run a SQL query against the Unity DB and have it report to a central database on the license count total, used, etc or what you see in that gui interface.

Im not sure it stores it in the database somewhere, just dont know where. (Failover replicates the license count via SQL, it's there somewhere)

Thanks Ginger!

I already know I can find the information from there or from saweb, but I would like to find out if the information is in an SQL database somewhere in Unity. In that way, I can create a script to send me an email with the licensing information (that would save me time from logging into the server.)

Any info would be appreciated!

Hi Joseph -

I checked around as well and did not find anything, UnityDb, ReportDb, stored procedures etc. I know the information is stored in the UnityDb by the License Wizard thru reading the *.lic files, but where? The AvLic.exe appears to be compiled code - I opened it but it did not tell me much. You can save the Unity Licensing MMC and rerun it later from command line or run it via c:commserver\utilities\licensing\unitylicensing.msc but does not accomplish what you want. I also checked out the Event Notification Utility or messages from AvLic during startup. Obviously there is a check mechanism when you have exceeded your license count ... I am interested now in where the info actually is stored, i.e. the specific table :-) Sorry wasn't any help

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: