Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Licensing

We currently have a Unity 4.0.5 box with 32 ports. We've added about two hundred more subscribers to the box over the past year, almost maxing out our user licenses (we're about 60 shy of maxing out). As a result, port traffic has increased, and users have gotten busy signals (I've gotten all ports in use errors on Unity itself) and I would like to go up to 48 ports.

However, I'm not seeing any orderable part number for just 48; all I'm seeing is the part number to order the max of 72, which is overkill for our setup.

I did find this part number hidden on the Dynamic Configuration Tool: UNITY-4PORT

Has anyone tried to order this?...I'm just trying to get the right part number to our purchasing agent...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TMH

• Unified Communications Applications
4 REPLIES

Re: Unity Licensing

The following is from the Cisco Unity Ordering Guidelines page:

"For example, a customer with a 24-port Cisco Unity Version 3.1 system should order part number UNITY40-SL32-VERUP to move to a Cisco Unity Version 4.0 32-session server license. For systems with more than 32 ports, customers should order part number UNITY40-SLMAX-UP. Customers with fewer than 16 ports should order part number UNITY40-SL16-VERUP."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_quick_reference_guide09186a008011c984.html

Brandon

Hi -

One other thing to check - 32 ports and below could be handled with MSDE, whereas > 32 ports the user would need to upgrade to SQL. Check out this link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a8c.html

Ginger

Hi Ginger -

We are already running SQL. And we already have 32 ports...just need 16 more to bring us up to 48.

TMH

I've read the ordering guidlines sheet. The UNITY40-SLMAX-UP maxes us out at 72 ports. We don't need 72 ports, it's overkill (and it's awfully pricey). We just need 16 more, to get us up to 48, that's why I wondered if anyone had used the 4-port upgrade part number...

TMH

Views
Helpful
Replies