cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity mailbox stuck

kmulkey
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to add mailbox 5050, Unity replies with "Extension 5050 is already in use by Ken Goldberg. Please enter a unique extension." Yet, there is no mailbox 5050 in Unity and if I try to add it by importing it from Exchange, it's not there. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CallManager and Unity do not "share" extension information. They simply pass the DIDs back and forth for routing. If you deleted 5050 in CCM, it will not be removed in Unity.

In Ken GoldBerg subscriber profile, my guess is that his primary extenstion was 5050, then was changed to 7050. You added 5050 into the Alternate Extension field so anyone calling 5050, still got Ken's voicemail. Now, Ken wants 5050 as his primary again, so on the first page, you enter 5050, and hit save, Unity pops up the message saying it is already used.

Did you check in his subscriber profile under Alternate Extension (left column, down a bit) that 5050 was not in there?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a Ken Goldberg? Maybe he has an Alternate Extension that is using the 5050.

If not, start and stop the Unity services so it will resync with AD. Possible the mailbox got orphaned in Unity.

Another possiblity, you just deleted this subscriber, tried to re-add it and it has not yet populated through the replication services in AD/Exchange and Unity/SQL.

Here's the history.

Ken Goldberg had extension 5050 a little over a year ago and moved to extension 7050...separate location, device pool, etc. He wanted 5050 to remain active so I deleted the phone and built it as a CTI route point with the existing voicemail box. About 6 months ago, I deleted the route point, 5050.

He's now going back to the location with 5050 so I recreated his extension in CCM and tried to recreate his voicemail box but am getting the error I mentioned. This started a couple of weeks ago so it seems enough time has passed for the system to update. I will try restarting Unity tonight. Thanks.

CallManager and Unity do not "share" extension information. They simply pass the DIDs back and forth for routing. If you deleted 5050 in CCM, it will not be removed in Unity.

In Ken GoldBerg subscriber profile, my guess is that his primary extenstion was 5050, then was changed to 7050. You added 5050 into the Alternate Extension field so anyone calling 5050, still got Ken's voicemail. Now, Ken wants 5050 as his primary again, so on the first page, you enter 5050, and hit save, Unity pops up the message saying it is already used.

Did you check in his subscriber profile under Alternate Extension (left column, down a bit) that 5050 was not in there?

You are my hero! Thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate the Unity lesson!

No prob! Don't forget to rate the post

cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: