Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Mailboxes Growing

We are running Unity 4.03, with an Exchange 2000 message store (NOT Unified Messaging), in use for several months. I recently ran the Exchange system manager tool to make sure that mailboxes were not getting too big, and I noticed that they are extremely large. Some of my users have mailboxes that exceed 1.8 gigabytes, with over 2000 items! My mailbox has several hundred megabytes, with hundreds of items.

BUT, when I check my voicemail I have zero messages, either in my inbox or in deleted items. I logged into my local mailbox on the Unity server with Exchange, and it also indicated there were no messages in my Inbox or anywhere else. Looking in the event log, there are no errors.

Did our consultant miss something on the install that would cause the Exchange message store to continue to grow and not purge files? What might cause the store to continue to grow, even when the Unity inbox claims to be empty? The message store is up to about 45 gb now, and I have only 250 users on the system.

Any advice would help,

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: Unity Mailboxes Growing

Did you check the deleted items when you logged in to your mailbox? Check the following setting:

Unity web admin -> Class of Service -> Messages -> Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder

Be sure to check for each Class of Service in use. If this is checked, then deleted messages are being copied to the Deleted Items folder and never being purged. You can either uncheck this setting or setup mailbox management to clean out deleted items after a given time period.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content