cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Media Master not installing

jodi.swan
Level 1
Level 1

Currently have Unity 4.0.3 and Media Master worked fine on my desktop .  Recently installed a new Unity 7 server and Media Master updated from 4.0.2.102 to 7.0.2.5  I would like to have the Media Master installed for the 4.0.3 version in this particular XP system.  I have deleted the AvMediaMasterCtl Class from the Downloaded Program Files.  When launching both the sa and PCA there is no prompt to install Media Master.  I just get the lovely red X.  When I open sa for the 7.0 system I am prompted to run the install however.  Is there somehting else I can try to get this loaded?

2 Replies 2

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it possible that you're seeing CSCtd99678?

These are the Release Notes for that bug:

Symptom:
We have seen in multiple customer deployments that the application of certain Unity Engineering Special patches may not properly update CommServer\Web\MediaMasENU.cab and cause the Media Master bar to fail to install when accessing Web/SA or PCA. In that situation, the Media Master bar is replaced with a red "X".

Conditions:
Seen with Unity 7.0(2) ES 35, 31, 29, and 25.

Workaround:
Copy MediaMasENU.cab from CommServer\cscoserv\ciscopca\controls to CommServer\Web, replacing the version of that file already present in that destination directory.

Good luck!

I don't believe this bug applies as the version that I am attempting to get the Media Master to load for is 4.0(3).  Thanks for responding though.  I appreciate it.