cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Message Indicator

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

If two IP Phones are configured with two DNs.

Phone A: Primary DN 1000

Phone B: Primary DN 2000

Phone A and B: Shared DN 3000

All three DNs have associated with Unity Voice Mail. If a caller leaves a message on a DN 3000 which is shared between (2) Phones or leaves a message on a primary DN then how a user would differentiate since the lamp would light anyway. My guess would be the little envelope indicator would appear next to DN as well where the message was left. Am I Correct?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the line is shared and not Primary on the phone, the MWI will NOT light up, only an envelop will be next to the line

It means if the lamp is on then somebody left a message on primary line along with envelope indicator on that line.

If someone leaves a message on a shared line then the lamp doesn't light, but the envelope would be displayed next to the line.

Cool, Envelope indicator is per line, not general for any line.

Please confirm.

Correct. Primary Line lights the MWI and Envelope next to the line. If the Line is shared or is a second line on the phone, only envelope next to that line.

Tommer was correct.

Maybe this will help:

If a message comes to a line that is the primary line whether it is shared or not on that phone it will light the lamp and display the envelope

If it is not the primary line, then it will only display the envelope.

I just tested it.

rlp

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tommer/Randy,

5 points for both of you :) It is nice to see follow up,clear explanations and testing to answer a question for others!

Take care,

Rob