cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Message Notification

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured message notification in Unity to call a users cell phone and prompt them to enter their user ID and password. Once they do this, they can check their voice mails. The problem is the system isn't accepting any key input when it prompts the user to enter their user ID. It just disconnects the call. What is causing this?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like the DTMF are not reaching Unity. I assume these calls are going out through a gateway. Make sure the gateway has DTMF relay set up on an outbound dialpeer. I think it is a common mistake to get the DTMF relay on inbound dial-peers but leave it off outbound.

I think this technote covers the issue...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094607.shtml

Regards,

Eric

Hi,

Did this issue get resolved? I have a similar issue with an MGCP gateway, where 'mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band' has been configured, but dtmf is not reaching unity.

The main difference being, I am accepting calls into Unity via a SIP trunk. Have you had a similar experience with such a configuration.

Regards,

Steve

bradyk0uc
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks!  I ran into this issue as well and your answer popped up first in my Google list.  If only all problems were this easy to solve.

BP