cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Messages cut off.

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.0(2) system where random callers are getting cut off while leaving a message. They start to record the message and it goes to the after message menu after about 5 seconds. This doesnt happen all the time or to any particular user. It is an integration with CCM 3.1(4b)SPd. We are using TSP 7.0(3).

4 Replies 4

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Are the calls coming from PSTN or internal callers? What do you hear in the voice mail? Is it five seconds of talking or five seconds of silence?

If there's five seconds of silence, the fastest way to see where the problem lies is to take a sniffer trace and use a utility like capripper.exe (included with AudioStat in the commserver\utilites directory) or RadCom audio pro to extract the audio stream. Check to see if there's an audio stream.

If there's five seconds of talking, you might be best served opening a case with TAC.

adam

Did you ever resolve this? I've got the same problem on a 4.0(4)SR1 CCM4.1(2) TSP 7.0(4b) system. So far traced to find that Unity is telling CCM to use Port 0 in the audio stream, and then ignoring it when the stream is transmitted. TAC is still working on finding a solution.

Honestly, this was so long ago I dont remember. I think it turned out to be a setting on CCM using the gateway as a media terminitation point. We unchecked that box and everything was fine. It was a bug with 3.1(4) and Unity 4.x.

I understand... and it gets worse. Different problem, I guess -- no gateway involved here. Thanks anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: