cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration 4.x - 5.x w/ Failover - Using COBRAS

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

When using COBRAS to go from 4.x failover to 5.x failover (5.x is on new hardware) - do you run COBRAS on both the primary and secondary servers or just export/import on the primaries?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably does not matter, but i would run on the Primary server. Remember though, Cobras is not supported yet. So if you run into issues, TAC can not help (yet).

Download the current version of Cobras.

Remember Cobras only works with 4.05 and above.

If you are using VM only to VM only and migrating messages, USE EXMERGE. The messages will come over, but they will be marked as NEW.

hope this helps

yeah I know there is no support, but we want to leave the 4x servers in place in case there is a problem. This is UM and the new servers are connecting to the existing exchange servers - so we are moving accounts over using GSM. Messages won't matter since they are already in the users mailbox.

Brent,

You just need to run COBRAS on the primary; and I am assuming that since you are moving the users through GSM, you just want to restore the Call Handler's data through COBRAS.

Just one quick tip; run DBWalker after the GSM and COBRAS restore since I have seen some issues with the Locations after restoring from a COBRAS restore.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: