Replies

Unity Migration

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Im migrating Unity VMO to UM.

My UM users are different than VM only.

I saw the procedure in CCO.

But Im wondering if my existing voicemails will be moved to the UM account using DIRT?

Or which tool can I use.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure which procedure you saw on CCO but the reconfiguration and upgrade guide covers this scenario pretty well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_book09186a0080222fdf.html

Yes, you can use DiRT for this and use the Alias remapping file to redirect it to the UM accounts during restore - you can read about the details of setting up that file in the DiRT help file off it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you can match the alias of the VMO to the UM accounts, you are set. DiRT will still pull all the mailboxes out of Unity VMO into PST files, and all the SQL configs, greetings, recorded names, etc.

Here is the basic trick.

Unity VMO and Unity UM have to be the SAME VERSION. If they are different, you can only migrate voicemails from one server to another.

Basically, DiRT uses ExMerge from MS. If you have worked with Exchange before and have done migrations, it's basically the same to port email from one server to another.

DiRT just runs a script to do this for you.

If your alias do not match, you will to either change the PST name files of each users to match your UM user account so they import correctly.... or run through this MDB file and create the matches.

Check out www.ciscounitytools.com and watch the videos Jeff has put together for this type of migration. It shed a huge amount of light for you on this subject matter. Check out DiRt Tool (which has been upgraded depending on what version Unity you are on now)

Cheers!

Actually, if your aliases don't match, use the Alias remapping file with DiRT restore - that's what it's designed to do.