cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity MTA Folder

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Event logs indicate that messages have been in the MTA folder for more than 30 days. I have found one message which was in the UnityMTA folder (not the failed folder) but also about 50 text files with no corresponding wave file - is this something to worry about or is there an explanation why there are so many text files without corresponding wave files? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you are running into a bug CSCse69727 that was found internally but exists in Unity 4.0(5) and later. Since I don't think you'll be able to view the bug in the toolkit, below is the release note that should help explain the issue. Bottom line is that is a benign issue.

Release Note:

Symptom:

.txt files orphaned in the UnityMTA folder but the messages are actually delivered correctly to the subscriber.

Background: Unity Voicemail mesages consist of two pieces

1| A wav file for the actual voice recording

2) A txt file that provides the calling & called information and the link to the wav file.

Conditions:

Unity 4.0.5 and later

If a message was left when the mailstore was off line and the mailstore remained offline for more than 24 hours.

Workaround:

Delete or Move the affected .txt files out out the UnityMTA folder.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you are running into a bug CSCse69727 that was found internally but exists in Unity 4.0(5) and later. Since I don't think you'll be able to view the bug in the toolkit, below is the release note that should help explain the issue. Bottom line is that is a benign issue.

Release Note:

Symptom:

.txt files orphaned in the UnityMTA folder but the messages are actually delivered correctly to the subscriber.

Background: Unity Voicemail mesages consist of two pieces

1| A wav file for the actual voice recording

2) A txt file that provides the calling & called information and the link to the wav file.

Conditions:

Unity 4.0.5 and later

If a message was left when the mailstore was off line and the mailstore remained offline for more than 24 hours.

Workaround:

Delete or Move the affected .txt files out out the UnityMTA folder.