Replies

Unity Multiple Call Manager Clusters

vrana
Level 1
Level 1

Setup:

2 x Unity Servers 1 x PRI 1 x Sec. Failover

Unity 4.0.3 sr 1

Unified Off Box store. Exchange 2000 server cluster.

New Install to 4.0.3 no upgrades, no dual integration.

UTIM

TSP 7.0.3b

Cluster 1 - Connect to CM 1/2 Site A CM 3.3.3 sr4a

Ports 1-50 answer calls only

Ports 51-65 All functions.

MWI 3301/3300

Cluster 2 - Connect to CM 1 Site B CM 4.0.1 sr 1a

Ports 66-68 answer calls only

MWI 700/701

* Could not turn 66-68 for all service as Unity started using the lower ports for TRAP etc.

Cluster 3 - Connect to CM 1 Site C CM 3.3.3 sr 2

POrt 69-72 answer calls only.

MWI 700/701

* Could not turn 66-68 for all service as Unity started using the lower ports for TRAP etc.

Issue:

Unity Primary reports the following in the APP event log:

Event ID 1041

Cisco Unity_Notifier

Failed to set message waiting lamp for <user>, ext XXXX, switch 0, cluster 2, reason: no suitable port. Verify the MWI port configuration.

Same error event for all cluster/users on the same switch/cluster combination.

MWI, MSG notification and Traps are working fine.

But Unity still reports this an issue.

FYI: Seems to start after 1. Service release was installed 2. Failover was configured.

Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity always will try to send MWI to each cluster. If it can't you'll see that error. I would suggest just enabling Message Notification on port 68 and 72. Since Unity does not know which CCM a subscriber is located at, it must send the MWI to each cluster. If you have at least one port for MWI, that should take care of the errors.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity always will try to send MWI to each cluster. If it can't you'll see that error. I would suggest just enabling Message Notification on port 68 and 72. Since Unity does not know which CCM a subscriber is located at, it must send the MWI to each cluster. If you have at least one port for MWI, that should take care of the errors.

Thanks for the info, Set MWI for each cluster and looked into port monitor to see that Unity sends MWI to all clusters irrespective of which CM the user resides.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Something just caught my attention ... you listed the same MWI on/off codes for cluster 2 and cluster 3. Is this true? I'm wondering if you need to have unique MWI on/off codes per cluster with Unity?

Regards,

Ginger

That's not required. You can have the same or unique MWI on/off codes. For each Callmanager cluster that you integrate with, you specify MWI on/off codes which can--but don't have to be--the same. Unity knows when sending an MWI message to a particular cluster that it is to use the configured MWI code, it just doesn't know which CCM cluster a unity subscriber is associated with.