cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity MWI Slow Version 5 UM

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 5.01, UM, Exchange 2007/Windows server 2008. MWI on takes about 5-10 seconds, off approx. 20-30 seconds. Messages deliver promptly into Outlook. Is this normal, and is there an ES or MS patch for either the Unity server or Exchange server? No install issues, followed the pdf, on same subnet w/Ex.

Thanks!

17 Replies 17

Thanks for the response. I have seen this but we can't find the hotfix, in addition, the customer's Exchange is at SP1 rollup 3, the latest. In the posting you sent, they advise only rollup 2 is eligible. Is this true and can you email the fix?

Thanks,

Mike

I have the same issue and I am also at rollup 3. TAC told me this.

I see in the Unity logs that MWI is turned on as soon as Unity receives TABLE_ROW_ADDED from MAPI. Exchange 2007 is installed on Server 2008.

There is a known issue with MAPI Push Notification with Exchange 2007 on Server 2008. The fix will be released on 9/02/2008 in Rollup 4 Exchange

2007 SP1.

Here is the word from Development:

1) Exchange 2007 on W2k8 has an issue with MAPI Push notifications so MWI will sometime fail. The KB article number is 951251, might not be visible yet, but is should be in SP1RU4 exchange release which will ship in September according to MS.

We are trying to get it from MS now though.

Randy

Thanks, very informative!

I posted this same info in a newer thread recently. TAC has submitted a defect in order to track the progress of the Rollup release by Microsoft. Microsoft's slated release date is the week of 9/22/08 at this point. See the bug toolkit link below.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsu62686

Hope this helps,

Brad

Brad or anyone,

do you know what has happened to the update?

last the bug said 9/22

My subscribers have been complaining.

Randy

I see you have a TAC case open. Feel free to update this thread with your results.

Brad

I applied this patch when it first came out. It did not solve the issue for me.

Mike

It just came out a few minutes before I posted it.

There was a beta version earlier that did not work.

When did you try it?

Randy

Installed 9/9/2008

Mike

hmm around 9/22 when it was supposed to comeout.

I opened a tac sr and got this email from tac.

Sure, Randy. Case closed. Your timing was perfect as SU 4 was only released a few minutes before your SR.

Have a great week!

I have been waiting for it a long time.

Randy

Please post if it fixes your issue.

Mike

testing after hours tonight

I will let you know the outcome.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: