Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity not delivering messages

Hi, I have a 4.2(1) install on Exchange 2000. I find that the Unity server is not delivering messages to the partner exchange server. I get an error in the event log telling me that the message has been moved to the failed folder and that it could not be delivered.

This happens with all messages.

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Could you please try restarting the AvUMRSyncSvr service and make sure that is running with the Message Store account

Hi, Thanks for your response. This service is using the message store account, and unfortunately restarting does not fix the problem.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had this happen once. Check the make sure that all the Unity_servername accounts are still in AD. If these accounts were removed, then all heck breaks loose. Unity will run, but the messages will stay in the failed folder.

For whatever reason, these accounts appear as "enabled" when you look in AD. But in LDAP, the properties of these accounts are triggered at "disabled" Our accounting cleaning system deleted these accounts when they should have stayed. Unity ran for a bit, but then failed.

Check to make sure these accounts are present:

unity_servername

USBS servername

Hi, thanks for your help. I have looked in AD and these accounts are present, but they appear to be disabled. Should the be enabled or disabled?

Also there are some EAdmin accounts in the same OU container and they are disabled.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

I don't think they should be disabled, but I would open a TAC case and take a look at this. Can you try and enable these accounts, reboot and see what happens.