cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Notification

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

We are unable to get cell phone notification from our Unity Unified VM v5.0(1). We have 16 ports configured between unity and CM and all are configured for both inbound and outbound. When monitoring the port status, we have very little port utilization and you can see unity grab a port to dial out and then almost instantly you see 'idle' 'idle' display in the port status screen.

Any ideas why the call will not go through? We are prefixing the number with a '9'. Also, any helpful logs that I could look at to see what is causing this behavior.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

21 Replies 21

that is the newest hmm.

rlp

What makes me wonder about the access code is, if I leave out the '9' in the notification number, I can see the call hit the gateway because the first four digits are matching a route pattern to send the call over to our legacy PBX system. But with the '9', I never see the call hit the gateway. And I am using * =yes on call restriction table

access codes are for legacy systems, I assumed you were only ccm.

A Unity port is just like a phone. If you pick up a phone do you need to dial 9 to get a dial tone?

Does your legacy PBX have access codes for voice mail ports?

What system do you have?

Maybe Eric can help us if he is monitoring the forum.

rlp

do you get any errors in the app log when doing the test?

have you gathered a CCM trace to confirm the VM port is dialing?

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No, I have not seen any errors in the app log. I have not gathered a CCM trace yet though that is a good idea. Though like I have stated earlier, I do see the call hitting the gateway when 9 is not part of the dial pattern. When 9 is part of the dial pattern, I never see it hit the gateway. That is just using 'debug isdn q931'

no, we get dial tone with out dialing 9 though in order to dial out we must first dial 9. That is why I thought it was odd that there was no access code within unity. Before we upgraded there was 9 list for the pbx access code. And when I upgrade to 5.0 while going through integration piece, I specified 9 as an access code. But now looking in Utim, the access is not listed there, and I see now where to add it.

OK, can you post the debug isdn q931 to look at the disconnect cause?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate