Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Notification

We are unable to get cell phone notification from our Unity Unified VM v5.0(1). We have 16 ports configured between unity and CM and all are configured for both inbound and outbound. When monitoring the port status, we have very little port utilization and you can see unity grab a port to dial out and then almost instantly you see 'idle' 'idle' display in the port status screen.

Any ideas why the call will not go through? We are prefixing the number with a '9'. Also, any helpful logs that I could look at to see what is causing this behavior.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

21 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Notification

there are call routing rules configured in Unity which allow or block the numbers that Unity tries to dial for outbound calls

Make sure you have an entry in there that allows the outbound calls to the mobile

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

Sorry, was thinking on something else =) i was thinking on routing rules while i tried to type Restriction Tables.

Check the Restriction Tables for your unity box

HTH

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks for the quick response. I thought of that as well, and I one defined under 'Restriction Tables -> Default Outdial' and the pattern is 9???????* = yes

Should I have this rule setup within another restriction table?

Cisco Employee

for testing purposes use the exact mobile number, also make sure the VM ports can reach the appropiate route pattern for the outbound calls.

HTH

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Silver

I am pretty sure that Unity restriction tables work this way. They go down the list from top to bottom. Once Unity reaches a match to the dial string it will not go farther down the list.

So try it at the top for a test.

rlp

Well it seems to take longer to go back to an idle state, but still no luck. I have verified that the partition for the route pattern is associated with the css for the vm port.

the pattern within the restriction table is at the very top of the 'default outdialer' restriction table

Any other thoughts? any where i could look to see why this call is not going throug?

Silver

are you dialing a 9+7 or 91+10 number?

rlp -- Randy

9+7 - I have tried without the 9 as well. The router pattern within cm is 9.xxxxxxx

Silver

just for a test to see if the Unity will outdial, do just a * as the first string.

do you have any ports set for outdial in UTIM? there has to be.

Randy

Silver

I can not remember if it is message notification or TRaP, I would set both. You have to have outdial ports or Unity will not outdial.

Randy

yes, there are outbound ports for this. This unity was just upgraded from 4.0(5) to 5.0. We were not using this feature before, though when I am now looking at 'tools depot -> switch intergration tools -> telphone intergration manager -> properties' we show no 'access codes' listed (or any way that I can see to add them) and under 'phone view' next to 'Phone system version' it show CallManager 4.x - when we are running 5.x

Any thoughts

Silver

I am pretty sure access codes are for other integrations. Not sure about ccm 4.x and 5x.

rlp

Silver

What version of the Unity TSP do you bave?

rlp

8.2(1)

Silver

that is the newest hmm.

rlp

What makes me wonder about the access code is, if I leave out the '9' in the notification number, I can see the call hit the gateway because the first four digits are matching a route pattern to send the call over to our legacy PBX system. But with the '9', I never see the call hit the gateway. And I am using * =yes on call restriction table

Silver

access codes are for legacy systems, I assumed you were only ccm.

A Unity port is just like a phone. If you pick up a phone do you need to dial 9 to get a dial tone?

Does your legacy PBX have access codes for voice mail ports?

What system do you have?

Maybe Eric can help us if he is monitoring the forum.

rlp

Cisco Employee

do you get any errors in the app log when doing the test?

have you gathered a CCM trace to confirm the VM port is dialing?

HTH

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

No, I have not seen any errors in the app log. I have not gathered a CCM trace yet though that is a good idea. Though like I have stated earlier, I do see the call hitting the gateway when 9 is not part of the dial pattern. When 9 is part of the dial pattern, I never see it hit the gateway. That is just using 'debug isdn q931'

no, we get dial tone with out dialing 9 though in order to dial out we must first dial 9. That is why I thought it was odd that there was no access code within unity. Before we upgraded there was 9 list for the pbx access code. And when I upgrade to 5.0 while going through integration piece, I specified 9 as an access code. But now looking in Utim, the access is not listed there, and I see now where to add it.

Cisco Employee

OK, can you post the debug isdn q931 to look at the disconnect cause?

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content