cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Outcalling / MWI on dual cluster integration

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have a single unity server integrated with two call manager clusters. CCM-A uses ports 1-16, and CCM-B uses ports 17-32.

when a subscriber on CCM-A enables outcalling, Unity uses CCM-B port 32 to dial out. I know I can restrict this port from dialing out, but how can I allow MWI and callout to only operate within the cluster, rather than using all ports.

Thansk

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Subscribers (and MWI and notification devices) can only be associated with a top level Integration in Unity. If you're two clusters are defined under the same Integration then Unity will not be able to differentiate between the two. The multi-cluster feature in Unity was really only designed to compensate for the lack of MWI-relay between CCM clusters in earlier CCM versions. It was fully expected that, other than MWI, networked clusters would act as a fully networked phone system (i.e. transparent dialing would occur across Inter-Cluster Trunks). Therefore specifying a cluster for Notification dial-outs was not needed.

With Unity 4.2 this was opened up much further. Now you can define multiple top-level CCM Integrations. With this, Unity treats the CCM Integrations as disjoint phone systems (you can even specify truck access codes between them if transparent dialing across ICTs does not exist). Subscribers, MWI and Notification devices can then be associated with the specific CCM Integration of your choosing. UTIM has a slick Switch Association tool for moving things around.

Hope this helps,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Subscribers (and MWI and notification devices) can only be associated with a top level Integration in Unity. If you're two clusters are defined under the same Integration then Unity will not be able to differentiate between the two. The multi-cluster feature in Unity was really only designed to compensate for the lack of MWI-relay between CCM clusters in earlier CCM versions. It was fully expected that, other than MWI, networked clusters would act as a fully networked phone system (i.e. transparent dialing would occur across Inter-Cluster Trunks). Therefore specifying a cluster for Notification dial-outs was not needed.

With Unity 4.2 this was opened up much further. Now you can define multiple top-level CCM Integrations. With this, Unity treats the CCM Integrations as disjoint phone systems (you can even specify truck access codes between them if transparent dialing across ICTs does not exist). Subscribers, MWI and Notification devices can then be associated with the specific CCM Integration of your choosing. UTIM has a slick Switch Association tool for moving things around.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for the useful info. I am currently at 4.0(3), but looking to upgrade to 4.2 in the near future. Looks like that will solve my problem.

R