cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity outside call transfer logging?

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I have an issue with calls being placed from Unity to dial an outside number. In this case these calls are malicious and I need to find out where they are originating from. What logging can I enable to see from what subscriber or Call Handler these calls are coming from?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also use the "Transfer Call billing" report which you'll find under the Subscriber Reports on the SA - you can run this against all subscribers and then again on all call handlers - if you know the number being dialed you can find it there.

Also, if you know the number being dialed you can find it in the Database with a simple query - or you can use Audiotext Manager (a tool found in the tools depot) to find a transfer string in the system that matches all or part of the dial string to run down which handler/subscriber is originating the call.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

There are micro traces you can run in Unity Diagnostic Tool, but I'm not sure if they will show you the call detail you are looking for. You might be able to marry up, if you know the called number, with your PBX's call detail records. This level of tracing can produce a lot of data - MiuGeneral and MiuMethods trace Outdial functions and ConvPH Transfer for phone transfers. If you want to restrict the numbers that are outdialed or Transfered to in Unity, you can create a specific pattern that is blocked via the Outdial and Transfer Restriction Tables in the Unity SA.

Ginger

You can also use the "Transfer Call billing" report which you'll find under the Subscriber Reports on the SA - you can run this against all subscribers and then again on all call handlers - if you know the number being dialed you can find it there.

Also, if you know the number being dialed you can find it in the Database with a simple query - or you can use Audiotext Manager (a tool found in the tools depot) to find a transfer string in the system that matches all or part of the dial string to run down which handler/subscriber is originating the call.

Thanks! The transfer call billing report was just what I needed.

Jeff