Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity PCA and Firefox

Unity 4.2(1). Recently upgraded from 4.1(x) due to an issue with PCA support for Firefox. When you moused-over the Unity Inbox link it would not be accessible. The upgrade is complete but users still cannot click on the link. Java reports an error "Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration Dropped". We're using the latest Firefox and Java. Cisco says it should be supported. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Community Member

Re: Unity PCA and Firefox

Here's the error directly from the Java Console:

Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http:///ciscopca/CiscoPCA.css

Line: 441

And the script segment in question:

.QuickPlay {

cursor: hand;

Again , this makes the Cisco Unity Inbox link "un-clickable"

If you notice, nothing works in Firefox with cisco. SA will not load properly. CCM does not work as well. CCMuser page does ok.

I would bail on this and wait. I don't think Cisco will be ramping up to cater to two different browsers anytime soon.

Community Member

The client is a prominent college with students primarily using Firefox. Compatibility was published in the Cisco doc:

Politically this is bad. It was a major selling point for Unity Inbox.

Incidentally, SA seems to work fine.

We'll need a solution or the client will likely demand a refund.

Hi -

Check out the fine print on the compatibility document for software on Unity subscriber workstations you posted. For Firefox it says, "When subscribers use this browser, the Media Master control bar does not appear in the Cisco Unity Assistant, and the Cisco Unity Inbox is not available."

Community Member

Good catch - thanks. TAC didn't alert me to this, they had me do an upgrade from 4.1(x) to 4.2(1) because they said it was a bug.

CreatePlease to create content