Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity pick up issue

Hi People, i have a customer that is looking into a problem and wondered if anybody has seen this before

Unity Voicemail Issue.

V/M not picking up straight away. Takes 8 rings to kick in.

They have rebooted the system and this works temporarily. But this has happened twice in passed two weeks.

When pressing messages it takes 8 rings before they are prompted for username

When people call it takes the standard delay plus the 8 rings before going to voice mail. I have requested the App and Sytem logs.

Unfortunately it takes a week to 2 weeks for the problem to reappear. In the meantime I've asked that he send the App log when unity is working as expected, and to forward the same log when it reappears, probably around the end of the week or next week.

We had the Unity voicemail problem again on Friday about 4:45-5:00. I looked at the ports in Status Manager and they were accepting calls in okay, although I did notice that none opened on port 1. I tested it by calling Voicemail, as it was ringing nothing displayed in the port list and only opened the port as it picked up. I have attached the system and application logs for you to look at.

I then used Status Manager to stop the service but the web page crashed and could not start it again, so I had to reboot the server. Does this stop/start button in Status Manager relate to a windows service that can be rebooted?

Checked this morning and port 1 has picked up some calls.

1 REPLY

Re: Unity pick up issue

Well, we need a little more information... what kind of integration do you have with Unity?

if you have CallManager, make sure the TSP ports have been upgraded. If you have not upgraded the TSP ports on CallManager, they will intermidatly fail on you. You can download at CCO.

if you are using a PIMG or Dialogic card, remember, you are dealing most likely with an analog hunt group. (PIMG could be digital ports also) but never the less, a hunt group off a PBX switch. If the hunt group has a bad analog or digital port, it will try and ring that port 4 times, then roll to the next available port.

normally hunt group:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc

If line #2 has issues such as bad port on the diaglogic card, OR a pbx analog/digital port is out... then the ringing 8 times makes sense. The hunt group is "hunting" for the next number.... sounds like you have 2 consecutive ports down somewhere.

To verify your ports, know your port numbers:

example:

Port #1 x4000

Port #2 x4001

Port #3 x4002

etc.

Dial each port for a PBX phone to verify Unity is picking up. This will narrow down if you have a dead port at Unity or pimg/dialogic or PBX port.

If you are using Callmanager TSPs.... reboot callmanager. Double check TSPs have been upgraded.

hope this helps.

tc

Views
Helpful
Replies