Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity ports flapping

I have a unity server with 96 ports integrated to Subscriber (primary) and Publisher (backup). Occasionally i see a few ports show up in Callmanager as registered to Publisher. If i reset the port it will register back with Subscriber.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES

Re: Unity ports flapping

96 ports... you should be running 4.2 for this configuration correct?

Also, have you updated the TSP ports on the Unity servers? The older TSP software has some issues with ports dropping off the face of IPT for some reason. The new releases fixes this

I will try upgrading to TSP 8.13 today.

The version of Unity is 4.05, I had ordered Max port licenses and i expected them to be 72 ports, but when i installed it, it showed up as 96 ports. All 96 ports seem to be registered with CM. Not yet tested if ports 73 through 96 will work (since the version is 4.05)

Cisco Employee

Despite the license, Unity 4.0(5) is only supported up to 72 ports. You may encounter stability issues at 96 ports.

So is it recommended that I disable last 24 ports on Unity or else move to 4.2 ?

You can try removing the 24 ports, or upgrading to 4.2. All depends on your time frames needed to fix this.

I would delete the 24 ports for now, then plan on an upgrade at a later date.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content