cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity POV migrate to Mixed License

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm migrating an existing POV system to a Mixed license mode system. I need to change the existing VM aliases from for example jbloggs to jbloggs_vm. is there anyway of doing this in bulk - i have changed this on individual accounts and works ok but I need to change 200 VM subscribers aliases to a similar format, i.e add '_vm'.

This will allow me to use DIRT to migrate users from the POV system to the new system which is integrated in the customers AD.

TIA Jeff

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think you can bulk edit existing users with the type of edit you want to do. You can do about every other bulk edit in the world, BUT.. that one. If you were changing Domains, you could change the Exchange Receipent Policy in the "Messenging" server. For instance, every time you created a new users, you can have the domain be *@company.com. Or another recipent policy update @company.com to @companyb.com and it would add this to their smtp addresses.

The only way I think you can do this, is to have some create a SQL script to go in and change the Alias table on of the unityDB. You can actually open up the unityDB table and find the ALIAS section. Update one manaul and see if works. If it does work, if you are a SQL guru (I'm not ugg.) have them create a script for what you need.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I did'nt think there was a way! I have changed one manually and it worked fine.

The only person that would know (I think)... would be Jeff Lindberg. You will see him the forums from time t o time. But I know he is one VC until the 10th..

cheers

tc