Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Recorded name

Unity 4.05 and callMan 4.1 Unified messaging with notes. I setup a record termination greeting for 30 seconds before the end of the message..this works properly. What I am experiencing that when users go to setup their voicemail's recorded name they can do this but they here that wav file. This also happens when anyone tries to rerecord their recorded name.

1 REPLY

Re: Unity Recorded name

Hi Amy -

Check the class of service for your subscribers. On the Profile page there is a value for "Maximum recorded name length, in seconds:" I believe the default is 30 seconds. That is what we are using. If your record termination greeting triggers 30 seconds before the end of the message, I'm fairly certain that is why they are hearing your warning when they attempt to rerecord the recorded name. You don't want this value to be very long. This recording is replicated in the DC and GC. It is also heard, by default, when the subscriber calls in to check voice messages. Could you retest using a record termination warning of 10 seconds, with a default recorded name of 30 seconds? Most first and last names do not require more than 20 seconds to say. This might work better for you.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies