cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity restart schedule

imad.dandis
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way we can schedule a unity failover then a restart of the box instead of just a restart like the one within tool depot. We want to be able do this task every Monday morning @ 5AM.

Imad

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I am not sure if I understand what you would like to do. It sounds like you want to have Unity go to the failover server and then reboot the primary server? If this is the case if you schedule a reboot of the primary then once the primary goes down your failover will kick in. Is this not what you want to have happen?

Travis,

I want to do a graceful failover then a reboot.

Thanks,

Imad

Travis,

I want to do a graceful failover then a reboot.

Thanks,

Imad

Hello Imad,

Here is something that might get you going. You can manually initiate a failover but since you want to do this off-shift I think the follwing might work but not 100% sure.

Certain User-Specified events can initiate a failover in conjunction with the Event Monitoring Service (EMS)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00801b9250.html#wp1090087

You just have to figure out an event that you can casue to happen at 5:00 AM that causes a failover to occur. You can also schedule a fallback to occur shortly after the failover of after a scheduled Unity restart on the primary server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00801b924e.html#wp1461934

I have to put a disclaimer on this solution. I have never tried it myself but in looking through the documentation it seems like it will work but you might want to wait on the Unity Dev team or some Unity gurus to chime in before you put a lot of work into trying this out.

Hope this helps

Please remember to rate all replies

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: