cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Routing Rule Problem

JasonShearer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my situation.  I need to create a rule in Unity to send all forwarded calls to Unity that match a forwarding station prefix that does not match a specific subscriber to a call handler unique to the prefix.

Here is why.  We have ~400 sites using UCM in a centralized CP model.  Unity is integrated to this switch.  Some remote site phones do not have an associated subscriber but they do have CFwd to VM configured (lazy I know but easy of manage).  When a call gets sent to these phones and subsequently to Unity they end up being handled by the default handler and turn up at the Corporate receptionist.  This causes great confusion for all parties involved in the call

I have found a viable solution.  Creating a call routing rule with the 'Forwarding Station' field set to the prefix plus wildcard (IE - 55458*) set to go to a call handler.  This call handler will forward to the local agency receptionist which is the desired behavior.  These rules HAVE to be put between the 'Attempt Forward to Greeting' and 'Default Call Handler' rules.

My delimma:

1) How do I bulk add 400 routing rules?  Is it a good idea or supported to have this many routing rules.

2) The 'Change Rule Order' webpage is a nightmare.  AVRuleEditor.exe seems a little janky.  COBRAS maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Create a new voicemail profile and voicemail mask for each site.

So for example, SiteA:    Voicemail Profile SiteA  Mask 5880

Bulk edit those phones so when they foward the call to voicemail, the voicemail profile will mask the call with 5880.

In Unity, you can configure 5880 to any call handler you want.

I have designed an overlapping dialplan for each site.  IE - every receptionist has extension 101.  I am already using unique VM profiles for each site so when the call gets to Unity the forwarding station is masked with a unique ID (IE - SiteID+Extension).

The goal is to not have to touch a phone if a subscriber is configured with the extension.

Good idea though!

Jason

To understand this....  the phones that do not have voicemail subscriber, but roll to Unity anyways after x rings or someone Call fowards to voicemail button, goes the default Unity Opening Greeting correct?

You could update the destinations on the phones without voicemail to 5880, which could be  CTI then which then fowards to Unity? 

Then 5880 would play a greetin for that site, roll then to operator of choice based upon where the call came from

Correct.  Some of the remote site phones do not have an associated subscriber extension in Unity.  This is usually because they either have not been assigned or are common area phones and already have thier line configured to forward to VM on noanswer/busy.  We DO NOT want to have to maintain configuration on the phones so that rules out the idea of having a sepearate voicemail profile, right?

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: