Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity routing rules

Does anyone know which has precence, the call transfer on the subscriber page or a direct call routing rule? I'm trying to route AA calls to a subscriber differently based on whether the call is internal or external. All the routing rules I've tried don't seem to work and I don't want to have to change the subscriber's extension. Basically, I want to put in routing rules for a direct number that is the same as the subscriber's VMbox and have the routing rule take precedence. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Routing rules up front are always processed first. The "Attempt forward to greeting" and "Attempt sign in" in the routing rules actually do the per user rule processing.

So any rule you are placing in the direct or, more likely, forwarded call routing rules will be processed first.

But if you're in the AA already then the routing rules have already been processed presumably - but perhaps I'm not understanding your call flow here.

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Did Jeff's response answer your question? If not, can you post some examples of what you're trying to do? I'm not 100% sure on what you're trying to do, but if I do understand you correctly...you might want to setup 2 AAs, one for internal and one for external calls and then setup routing rules to send calls to the internal AA or the external AA.

Let me clarify what I'm trying to do.

I have a main greeting call handler that acts as an AA for our main number.

I have a subscriber at VMbox 1000.

When someone calls into the main greeting call handler and dials 1000, I want Unity to look at the call. If it is from and external source, the call should be routed to the greeting for VMbox 1000. If it is from an internal source, the call should be ring the phone Ext 1000.

I've tried using call routing rules but they don't seem to work in this particular case. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Glenn

In Unity, once you're at the AA call handler greeting there, call routing rules have already been procesed and are no longer referenced (those rules are what got you to that call handler). After that, any Id you dial for a subscriber or call handler uses the rules on those objects to determine what to do with them. The source of the call or how it got into the system (direct or forwarded RNA or forwarded busy etc...) are not used at that point.

In Unity Connection you can use the Personal Call Routing features in 1.2 for some of this. Users can create far most sophisticated rules for themselves based on the source of the call (i.e. if it's mom calling, put her through to the lab phone from 2 to 4pm) that take the calling number into account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: