cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Routing Rules

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a wildcard you can use in the Unity Routing Rules that stands for a single number rather than the * ? I'm trying to remove the External Mask from the translation pattern from our pilot number that sends all incoming calls to Unity. But if I set the rule for Any calling number to go to our Main Auto Attendant Menu, then when users press the Message Key on their phone, they'll get the Auto Attendant rather than the Attempt To Sign In. Or vice versa depending on the order of the rules. I could be missing an easy fix, so let me know if I am! Thanks!

5 Replies 5

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

So...does anyone know of a single characther wild card that can be used in the Routing Rules? If not, I think it would be a good option for a future version.

a "?" (question mark) is used in Unity to identify a single digit.

try this and let us know if it worked!

No good. You get an error message "Illegal character for phone number, ignored. The legal characters are '0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 *'.

Looks like this would need to be a feature added to Unity. Anyone else agree?

the masks (which include * and ?) are usable for restriction tables - it's the same parsing engine used for routing rules but it appears the SA is being overly restrictive about it. I ran some tests here and manually configured the rule to include a ? in the number field and it appears to work properly. The trouble is the DB fild for that condition column is a little tricky to be free editing. There's a routing rules tool on the box which helps a bit but it's complex to use and you can shoot yourself in the foot with it.

I'll open a bug against the SA on it for the moment - if you're in a real jam and want to take a swing and manually editing your routing rules to include teh ? mask character, email me off line. Realize, however, that TAC will not support you on this! And you'll want to make a backup of your system for sure...

Jeff - I emailed you all the details. Thanks for your help!