Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity server Scheduled backup(DiRT 1.1 build 1) is not running

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I got a Unity4.0.(5) Server, DiRT 1.1 build 1.

Manaul backup is working properly.

Scheduled backup is not running as scheduled. ( such as 1:00am daily).

Checked the event log and services list, nothing unusual.

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks,

Howard

9 Replies 9

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, I missed the following error message in Event viewer.(Application log). Looks like DiRT problem, right?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Event Source: VBRuntime

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1

Date: 6/13/2007

Time: 2:08:00 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application UnityDisasterRecoveryBACKUP: Thread ID: 3128 ,Logged: Automatic backup failed - could not write to destination path: \\xx.xx.xx.xx\UnityBackup\

(\\IP address\UnityBackup\)

Howard

updates:

I changed destination path to local drive instead of network drive, it proceeds scheduled backup!

Anybody got any idea ?

Thanks,

Howard

Try clicking "Use 'two hop" method for backing up SQL data" and then try backuping to the network drive.

It s definitly a user right issue. Have seen this a couple of times, just make sure the user you are using to upload the file to the Network location can read/write to that location. Also try mapping the drive using Explorer \\Network\unity using the same user/pasword see if that works.

I am using UnityAdmin account now. And I can read/write to that location without any errors.

The storage location has been set up as \\network ip address\unity

I use "two hop" already.

I searched this forum, found some of similiar situations. Though it seems no exact solutions,and

no feedback from the posted people.

Hope sb. could help.

Howard

Have you tried updating your DiRT? 1.1.4 is the latest version.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

Hi,

Haven't tried it yet. I checked the DiRT revision history. The version 1.1.1+ doesn't fix any issue regarding backup.

Thanks,

Howard

we had a similar issue, we mapped to the remote drive using a local server account rather than a domain account and it started working...Jeff

Thank you guys for sharing information.

It should be user right issue in my case.

I changed the remote drive to CallManager server local drive. The scheduled backup started working!

The remote drive is in another domain,however I can't verify user right as I can't access that domain.

I will update if I could fix the issue completely.

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: