cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity server version 4.x

tcasnellie
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using unity server which talks to Domino for voice mail integration.....we are migrating to Google Apps and need to have voice messages go to Google mail... the unity server is running a Lotus Notes client to interface with Domino....what can I do to have voice messages forward to Google Mail...???????? our intentions are to eliminate Domino/Lotus Notes----tom c

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity can send voicemails to an SMTP address, but it will simply be a forward.  You will lose all MWI, dial in to check messages, etc.  There is no clean way yet for this.  But it will someday... most likely in Unity Connection with google.  You will still need some sort of SMTP relay server to do this.  Unity itself can not do this. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity can send voicemails to an SMTP address, but it will simply be a forward.  You will lose all MWI, dial in to check messages, etc.  There is no clean way yet for this.  But it will someday... most likely in Unity Connection with google.  You will still need some sort of SMTP relay server to do this.  Unity itself can not do this. 

Are you saying I will have to continue running Domino simply because I need an SMTP transport? I assumed I would lose the MWI indication but I wanted to eliminate the need for Domino/Lotus

You don’t have to run Domino, but Unity is NOT an SMTP server. It can relay messages using basic SMTP functions, but you will need some sort of server to relay the messages to the gmail account. Even with Unity Connection, you still need to specify where to relay the SMTP message.

With Unity windows version, you either have Domino or Exchange. These are your SMTP servers to relay messages or deliver via MAPI, etc. With Unity Connection you can simply relay to any mail source.

Check out my other post regarding this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3011465#3011465

Cheers

Tommer

How do I make use of the "smart Host" this sounds like exactly what I need ....I don't care about the MWI or checking messages from phone....the messages will all be contained in Google mail...

Tommer,

Google has an SMTP server....."smtp.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com" i just need to be able to make it forward there...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: