Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity SQL backup verification test

We want to verify whether the Unity backup is working or not.

The backlog shows no error which indicated backup is OK.

But we still want to do the following procedure to further verify it:

Current unity is 4.02 on ICS7750.

We'll build a server with same OS/Patch/SQL/Patch/Unicode(No unity software installed here, only want to verify SQL)

Then offline backup Unity SQL. Then restore the SQL backup file to the new server to the corresponed folder.If the SQL service is restarted and SQL table are there, I think this will be enough for me.

Btw, understanding that Cisco has a recommended Veritas disaster recovery procedure for Unity ,but at this stage we don't want to test the whole scenario.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity SQL backup verification test

I don't see a question here but if you are looking for validation all looks fine. Just make the Unity used to test the restore isn't in the same forest as the production Unity server.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith

Did you recommend installing a test Unity server in the production with a different forest for test?

But my plan is not going to install a unity server, I actually just want to install a server with SQL2000. Then restore the database.

Does this plan look OK? Btw, my unity system is Notesn integration.

I just realize should I install MSDE or SQL in the test server? Before in Unity 3.xx it'll ask you select MSDE or SQL. And since version 4. It auto install either SQL or MSDE. How can I identify it's MSDE or SQL. Still based on the port number? It's unity version 4.02. Besides the port number is there a way by looking at SQL information to see this?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies