cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity: Subscriber mailbox zero out

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Via the TUI, can a subscriber set their zero out?

We have a large number of departments and different groups want zero out to go different places. I don't want to setup zero out for each subscriber, I want them to be able to setup zero out via their phone telephone user interface (TUI).

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean setting the action taken when an outside caller presses "0" during the subscriber's greeting, correct? As opposed to the action taken when a subscribers is in their own mailbox and presses "00".

If it's outside callers (i.e. "local operator redirect" type call flow) then in 4.2(1) you can do this. Administrators can set a key that user's are allowed to set the transfer number for - admins can pick any key they like, including 0 of course. Users can then set the transfer destination number for that key over the phone interface. You can check out the training video for this on the 4.2(1) TOI page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI_Unity42.htm

Here was the TAC response (case 603397357)

"I researched this issue. Unfortunately, zero out is not subscriber configurable using either PCA or TUI at this time. It is possible that feature will be added in future versions of Unity"

Well, that's not correct. The feature is there in 4.2(1) as a TUI feature and the training video in the link above shows you that. A number of sites are using it...

As Jeff stated, this feature is currently available today in the 4.2 release currently shipping. I see you are running Unity 4.1. Upgrade to Unity 4.2, and you can provide this function to your end users.