Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity subscribers Migration

Hi all!

We want to migrate subscribers from a Unity 3.X to a different server running 4.X. In www.ciscounitytools.com we found the tool "Full Database Export/Import" but it only exports from 2.X; the tool "DiRT" only migrates subscribers between servers with the same version and build. So, is there any way to export the subscribers configuration (including passwords)? (The utility "Subscriber Information Dumb" doesn't include passwords).

Thanks in advance for every help you can provide us.

Regards.

Cris.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity subscribers Migration

Subscriber Information Dump also does not include the vast majority of subscriber data (notification device configuration, schedules, transfer rules setup etc...).

The only clean option here is to use DiRT between the same versions of 3.x and upgrade.

There is a Migrate Subscriber Data component to the Global Subscriber Manager but it's not going to work between many 3.x versions and 4.x versions due to radical changes in the database in the years between those releases. "3.x" is a wide, wide span of releases covering almost 3 years. If you're on 3.1(2) or later you _might_ be able to use migrate subscriber data to do what you want but you need to carefully review the help file for details. You'll find the tool and it's help and a training video for it on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MigrateSubscriberData.htm

Thanks a lot.

I checked the help for the tool "Migrate Subscriber Data", and I still have some doubts: Does it export the subscriber info to a directory account? (Did I get that right?); If so, should I have both servers (3.1 and 4.2) in the same Domain?

Thanks for your help.

Cris.

Cisco Employee

If you want to move subscribers between Unity servers in the same domain, the Global Subscriber Manager tool would be what you would use - it has a move user tool for this. However it only works with 4.0(2) versions and later - you can read more about it in the help file for GSM:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

The migrate subscriber data tool is for moving Unity subscriber data from one AD account to another in the same domain. Come to think of it this is not what you're trying to do. The GSM move user utility would be your own other hope outside of DiRT but it sounds like your older Unity servers are too far out of date to allow for this.

You can either upgrade to 4.x and then use DiRT to migrate the whole thing or you can upgrade to 4.x and use GSM to move subscribers between Unity servers in the same AD domain or you can do it manually with Sub Info Dump and a CSV import (which does not get all subscriber data).

Views
Helpful
Replies