cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity system partition is almost full

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

We just did Windows update and now our Unity server is at 90% of the capacity, it was about 80-82% in the past. But the other unity server is still at 80-82%.

Both of the servers have 12GB partition each. one server is at 90% or 1.3GB free space left and the other server is at 75% or 3GB free space left.

Is there any instruction from Cisco for Unity server to reduce the capacity, example: deleting logs, compressing disk space, deleting install file, or deleting windows update install file?

Anything that will not break the server.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may also want to move the location of the Windows Swap file. This requires a reboot, so do it during a maintenance window. If you right-click My Computer, select Properities, then Advanced, and within the Advanced tab click Performance settings. In the Performance Options dialog box selected that Advanced tab and then click the Change button below Virtual Memory. Here you can specify which drive you want to set the Swap file to. After you make a change you'll be prompted to reboot.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sienz,

You can delete the ServerUpdatesWizard executable once you've run the update, that alone will eat up ~300MB of drive space. I would also just do a simple *.* search on the drive and then sort by largest file size to give you an idea of what may be eating up space. Then you can decide if it's worthy of deletion.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the C: partition? If you're running Exchange on-box (which is installed on a different drive), as a proactive measure, I would enable circular logging so that the drive its installed on doesn't grow too large and cause your mail stores to dismount.

Hope that helps,

Brad

another common procedure

With Cisco Unity version 4.0, users cannot retrieve voice mail and receive the The log file for database UnityDB is full error message

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K49707136

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Brad,

I did direct Windows updates from Microsoft. I will search to see if i can delete these Windows updates files.

Yes, it is for C: partition.

Also, this is for Unity 5.0.

You may also want to move the location of the Windows Swap file. This requires a reboot, so do it during a maintenance window. If you right-click My Computer, select Properities, then Advanced, and within the Advanced tab click Performance settings. In the Performance Options dialog box selected that Advanced tab and then click the Change button below Virtual Memory. Here you can specify which drive you want to set the Swap file to. After you make a change you'll be prompted to reboot.

Yes, we change the location of the Windows Paging files about 2GB to other partition and it will be enough for now.

Thanks