cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity taking 11 blank messages when you don't hang up.

Unity 3.1.5. Unity keeps taking messages when you don't hang up, so that you have 11-15 messages in your box, all of which are just dead air except the original vmail. When you hang up after leaving the vmail, everything is OK, MWIs work. It appears that the voice recognition isn't working. Any ideas? Are there some traces I can do? And, is there a more recent version of the DiagnosticMiu.doc, this says it is for ver 2.4 and 3.0. I need something for 3.1. Thanks.

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by "the voice recognition isn't working" here...

What happens when you stop speaking? Do you get the after message menu as you should? What's the after message action set to for a subscriber you're seeing this on?

Not sure I have a firm grasp on exactly what you're seeing there.

When you leave a message and don't hang up or hit a button, it continues with “so and so is not available please leave a message after the tone”. It does it 12 times, then there is a disconnect and an error appears in the Event Viewer (shown below). I will have to check what the after message action is set to. Usually, after you are done with the message, 4 seconds of silence and it goes in to the after message menu, but this seems to go in to some kind of loop. This happens for all subscribers. Otherwise, if you hit a button, or hang up, after leaving the message, everything is normal.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10016

Date: 7/8/2003

Time: 12:04:24 PM

User: N/A

Computer: AFS99650

Description:

Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation MessageEditing on Port 13. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : C:\CommServer\logs\NPDump_20030708_120424.txt

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10020

Date: 7/8/2003

Time: 12:04:24 PM

User: N/A

Computer: AFS99650

Description:

[Thread 0x00001344] AvCDEConvBase::Run() Possible infinite loop detected in [MessageEditing]; Object =

03:{FF8966C3-E4C7-43D9-B61F-AD44FA602B9E}

It sounds to me like you have the after message action set to take a message or loop around to the same handler/subscriber again - Unity will detect that you've hit the same handler more than a certain number of times (I guess it could be 12) within the same time period and will terminate the call automatically so as not to burn the port forever.

sounds like a configuration issue to me...

I had our tech check the After Message action parameter and nothing was selected. The tech selected Say goodbye, then saved it, but after a minute or so of appearing to save it, the screen came back with nothing selected again. Could this be a bug or something? Where can I go from here?

sounds like a bug to me but not one I've seen before... pretty odd.

Can you select an exit destination of "say goodbye" for users with the BulkEdit tool and get it to stick? What about using the Audio Text Manager application (both these can be found in the tools depot on the desktop)?

In the SA if you pick a different after message action such as sending the caller back to the opening greeting, does it "stick"?

If it is the SA only that is not saving changes to the 'After message action' of a call handler, there is an Engineering Special for Unity 3.1(5) that can fix CSCdy41298. This is also fixed in the 3.1(6) release.

bilhiggins
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? We are also having the same problem using a subscriber mialbox instead of a call handler. I have set the After message action in the subscriber mailbox to 'Say Goodbye' and that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

What Unity version?

Have you tried setting the after message action for a subscriber's mailbox with this problem using a tool like Audio Text Manager or BulkEdit as a test?