cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity taking message but not forwarding to Exchange

dburnett
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CM 4.1.3 and Unity 4.0.5 installation. Unity will answer on foward noan and it will take a message. However the message never makes it to the users mail box. I have run all the diagnostic tools and they all come up clean. The permissions wizard says that all right-granting succeeds, but still no go. It appears to be a rights issue somewhere between Unity and Exchange, but I cannot find it. Any useful help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If messages are being recorded by Unity but not getting to Exchange, they might be showing up in the \Commserver\UnityMTA directory (check root and also \Failed directory under here). If messages are stacking up in here, you very likely have an Exchange connectivity issue. The Unity application event log is a good place to get clues about what the problem might be.

If there are not messages in \UnityMTA, then it may be that Unity is not actually recording anything when you think it is. You might have a situation where audio is transmitted from Unity to the phone (so you hear the prompts OK), but audio from the phone to Unity is not transmitted (one-way audio). So even though you are recording a message, Unity is not getting the voice data. One way to check if this might be your problem is to review a message you have just recorded. If you try to review the recording and nothing is there, you should look into a potential one-way audio problem - this doc might help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080093c11.shtml#topic1

One way audio.....duh. Thank you.

I configured the RAID myself and I used a retail version of Windows. I kept getting a Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) error that says "Message Queuing was unable to join the local Windows domain". And I just knew the two issues were related because I could hear audio and I could navigate through the menu to set up a mailbox (but not recording any custom prompts). I couldn't see the forest for the tree, bad pun intended.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: