cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity tools - bulk edit 4.X

allan.fitzwater
Level 1
Level 1

after upgrading to bulk edit 4.X when I start the app, I get a warning that this vers of bulk edit will only work with unity 4.0(1) and later. I'm running unity 4.0(4). Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds like a bug. From the UnityTools page, it clear says this:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

Unity 4.0(x) and later

Unity 4.1 and later

For Unity Connection 1.x versions use the CUC 1.x version

For Unity 3.x and earlier versions of Unity use the 3.x version of BulkEdit

May want to check with TAC on this, or if Jeff in the forum responds here.

cheers

hmmmm... it loads on my 4.0(3) test system - any chance you had VMO installed on this box at any point?

hi, no VMO on this box.

Well, likely VMO or some other client type application _was_ installed in the past, even if it's not there now. If you look in the registry I'll bet you find both Active Voice and Cisco branches under HKLM\Software\. The version check looks for one or the other (Connection uses the Cisco branch, Unity uses Active Voice) - if both are there is takes a shot in the dark.

On a clean Unity install you will not see the Cisco branch under normal circumstances - I tested this in the lab on 4.0(2) through 4.0(5) to be sure and it works fine so the only conclusion I can draw was at some point in the past there was something installed that stuck in the Cisco branch.

That said, I updated the version check to fill out full version info from both branches and make a more educated guess as to the validity of the local install (i.e. do files exist in the appropriate paths) instead of just relying on the registry key existence - it should handle it better. I didn't roll the version number, just repackaged the setup:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

download that and install it over the version you have and see if it gets the proper version info for you.

Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - new baby arrived. I've installed the latest vers now and it fires up ok. many thanks. Allan