cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Tools install via Terminal Svcs

timd
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if I could get a confirmation that it's OK to install the updates to the Unity Tools via Terminal Svcs, or if there are any tools that should only be installed from the console.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most of the tools that you can download off www.CiscoUnityTools.com can be installed via WTS no problem - a few, however, cannot be _run_ via WTS after installing them. Anything that interacts with a WAV driver wont fly (i.e. the speed set, volume adjustment and codec adjustment tools) - these will detect automatically that they are being run in a WTS session and will bark at you.

The vast majority, however, will run fine. Testing our tools out of my group includes a standard check for WTS functionality - you should be fine.

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't think of any tools that can't be installed via WTS. There may have been issues with older tools in older versions of Unity, and some of the stuff that manipulates audio can have issues when running, but I can't think of a single tool that can't be installed via WTS.

smilliga
Level 1
Level 1

Installation of the tools via TS should be ok. I can't think of any tools would have problems installing via TS assuming the user has the right permissions. Running of the tools via TS is another story and it varies by tool, the help files for the tools should say if the tool needs to be run from the console.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: