cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity transfering a call Without a Mailbox or Call Handler

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am replacing an existing PBX and voice mail, However I am only doing the Headquarters at this time, not touching the remote sites yet. So we are keeping the existing PBX in place to allow calls between offices. The issue I am running into is when they call an 800 number I have the Unity answering the call with the old greeting which states "to reach anyone in the US dial their extension". Of course since the other offices do not have mailboxes when you dial their number Unity says that is does not recognize that number. Is there a way for the Unity just to transfer that number if there is not a mailbox associated with it? I have the Call Manager and PBX sending calls back and forth with no problem. Just Unity can not send the call to the PBX. I would setup a call handlers or mailboxes to send the call through but there are thousands of phones still on the old PBX system.

Thanks

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's called a system transfer. Basically you tell the calls, to press 1 to reach anyone in the US, then the next prompt will say "enter the number you wish to transfer to" It will then to do a system transfer back to the PBX with those digits regardless if a digits have an extension.

cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's called a system transfer. Basically you tell the calls, to press 1 to reach anyone in the US, then the next prompt will say "enter the number you wish to transfer to" It will then to do a system transfer back to the PBX with those digits regardless if a digits have an extension.

cheers!

That is great, I never used that system transfer before.

Thanks

Alot