cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM After Hours VM

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

I have Unity 4.0(4) with CCM, and currently the main published line is forwarded to voicemail after hours. When someone calls this line, they obviously reach Unity, and are dumped into the main box with the option of dialing another users extension. When they dial another users extension, they are dumped directly into that users mailbox. I am trying to find a way to have that call ring the users phone prior to going to the voicemail box. How would I acheive this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each subscriber has a transfer rule on their account - by default it's off (i.e. it wont ring their extension first before going to their greeting). You can turn on their transfer rule such that it'll ring their phone first before playing the greeting. You can change this on a per subscriber basis in the SA going to the "Call Transfer" link off the subscriber's page, enabling it and setting it to "Yes, ring extension..." You'll probably want supervised transfer instead of release in this case.

You can change this for groups of subscribers or all subscribers using BulkEdit found in the Tools Depot on the Unity desktop.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each subscriber has a transfer rule on their account - by default it's off (i.e. it wont ring their extension first before going to their greeting). You can turn on their transfer rule such that it'll ring their phone first before playing the greeting. You can change this on a per subscriber basis in the SA going to the "Call Transfer" link off the subscriber's page, enabling it and setting it to "Yes, ring extension..." You'll probably want supervised transfer instead of release in this case.

You can change this for groups of subscribers or all subscribers using BulkEdit found in the Tools Depot on the Unity desktop.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: