Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity UM Call Routing Question

Hi,

I have Unity UM 4.0(4) in each of my locations, with centralized CCM.

I have a user that moves between two of these locations and has a phone in each office with two lines per phone. One line is for office1, and the other is for office2.

The problem is that she has one voicemail box in office1, and when someone calls her office2 number, it needs to be directed to voicemail for her office1 account.

Digital networking is enabled on the Unity servers system wide, and I have tried creating a call routing rule to forward the dialed digit to her VM box in the correct office, but Unity only shows the VM boxes that it has locally, and not for the rest of the network.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Unity UM Call Routing Question

can the user simply do a 'callFWDall' to the second office?

this would eliminate the need to continually change Unity call handling to send calls from one office to another and back when she's switches office...

if the two unity systems can talk to each others subscribers, then a call handler in unity should be able to help you in this case as well.

The user does not want to have to do the callFWDall.

She is homed on only one of the Unity UM servers, so I just need to make sure that all unanswered calls to her end up in one of the Unity servers.

I have tried the call handler to forward the call to her extension that has the VM account tied to it, and it works for everything except when a user calls directly into VM by dialing '*extension'. When '*extension' is called, the call doesn't get transferred by the callhandler. Why is this?

Thanks.

Hi -

In the CallManager directory number configuration for the user's office2 lines, use the voicemail profile for the Unity server used in office1 lines. If the user is voicemail enabled on both Unity servers, remove her from the second server. On Unity1, give the user Alternate extension and Alt MWI for the office2 lines.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content