cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM messages via TUI only

jessakhanian
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has Unity UM 4.0(5) integrated with existing AD/EXCH2K3 servers. Most of their users can not listen to their messages in their Outlook Inbox as they don't have speakers. Is there a way to (selectively per subscriber) stop the Voice message from appearing in the client's outlook inbox, and have it only be accesible via their phone. I see how we can do this systemwide by duplicating all their accounts (1 for email, etc.) and 1 for VM only, but they would prefer to prevent this method if possbile.

I have seen a couple of threads on this forum regarding this, but don't get a firm understanding whether this is possible in any way (even if it's not clean).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joseph

3 Replies 3

shmcderm
Level 1
Level 1

Two ways, but then your MWI isnt going to work since Unity scours the Inbox for new messages.

Rules or Delivery restrictions on exchange/AD.

Do you have any documentation or links you can share that talks about this in details. I would like to present this to the customer and have them decide if they want to do go this way, or use separate accounts/mailboxes for Email vs. Vmail.

Thanks,

Joseph

If it's UM why are you not using the Viewmail client which allows playback on their phones?

Scott