Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity UM messages via TUI only

Customer has Unity UM 4.0(5) integrated with existing AD/EXCH2K3 servers. Most of their users can not listen to their messages in their Outlook Inbox as they don't have speakers. Is there a way to (selectively per subscriber) stop the Voice message from appearing in the client's outlook inbox, and have it only be accesible via their phone. I see how we can do this systemwide by duplicating all their accounts (1 for email, etc.) and 1 for VM only, but they would prefer to prevent this method if possbile.

I have seen a couple of threads on this forum regarding this, but don't get a firm understanding whether this is possible in any way (even if it's not clean).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joseph

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity UM messages via TUI only

Two ways, but then your MWI isnt going to work since Unity scours the Inbox for new messages.

Rules or Delivery restrictions on exchange/AD.

Do you have any documentation or links you can share that talks about this in details. I would like to present this to the customer and have them decide if they want to do go this way, or use separate accounts/mailboxes for Email vs. Vmail.

Thanks,

Joseph

If it's UM why are you not using the Viewmail client which allows playback on their phones?

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies