Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Unified Messaging 7 with failover

Hi,

I installed a Cisco Unity Unified Messaging 7 with failover.

I have CUWL licenses so it means licenses for 200 ports.

I integrated it with a CUCM 6.1.3. When I created the Voicemail ports on my CUCM I could add maximum 144 ports. Is it a limitation with CUCM 6?

I configured all the 144 ports for the primary Unity and the 144 ports for the secondary Unity into CUCM's configuration, I integrated the CUCM into the "Telephone integration manager" on the Unity and all my 288 ports are registered.

When I dial the Voicemail Pilot Number, it rings once and then the call is ended.

I checked the Voicemail ports and I found that, on the primary Unity, only the 59 last ports answer when I call them directly and, on the secondary, only the 96 first ports.

Do you have any idea to solve that issue?

Thanks in advance if you can help me!

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To answer the first question, yes there is a limit on CM side, I blive it is resolved in the latest SRs, as Unity was incremented to 200 ports recently.

To answer your second question, ensure that the VM ports on Unity side are enabled and set to answer the calls, also make sure your configuration on CM is correct, i.e. all VM ports have the proper PT and CSS, the VM pilot has CSS that can reach the PT of the Hunt Pilot, and that the hunt pilot and VM pilot use the same DN.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: