Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

unity upgrade 5 to 7

hi ,

we are planning to upgrade unity 5 to 7 . there will be no changes to unity os or the partner exchange server .

do i just need to run the unity cuica for the software upgrade ? any help would be appreciated.

thks

3 REPLIES

Re: unity upgrade 5 to 7

The upgrade guides for 7x are actually the same as 5.  So just follow the procedures here and you'll be straight:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge020.html

Your prep-tasks such as account creation and etc will have already been done but you'll still run thru the whole install during an in-place upgrade.  I think the term "upgrade" should be replaced as far as Unity goes but that's neither here nor there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

hi hailey,

thks for the prompt response. infact i have the same guide that you mentioned . just confused where do i start from the guide since we r only upgrading the unity software.

So i still need to go thru the permission wizard , cuspa amd cuica ...

thks

Yeah, the Permissions Wizard is a pre-req for actually installing Unity. Your permissions will already be set; however, you'll run the Wizard again. Essentially you are doing a "rebuild" of the system but, like I said, your prep tasks and troubleshooting that sometimes comes along with that has already been done for you.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies